To respect and improve the national academic landscape by freely providing best practice in business and leadership content to as many academic faculty leaders and administrators as possible to optimize their performance and that of the musculoskeletal enterprises they manage.
- We focus on the financial and operational paradigms that drive performance across the academic missions and that are the underpinnings of academic enterprises
- ACTIVE ENGAGEMENT across a national community of the greatest minds in orthopaedics via weekly programming, content, mentorship, and 1-1 connection between Chairs, Chiefs, Residents & Fellows, and Administrative Leaders.
- Top rated annual meetings that bring the “best in show” leaders and critical content to podium and forcing high level engagement in peer-to-peer exchanges around that content.
- No membership fees
- No charge for analysis or benchmark reports
- Free Webinars
- Free Business & Leadership Symposiums for faculty leaders
- Open access to all best practice content and national presentations
- Oh, and we provide the National “on-Demand” digital curriculum requested by Chairs to prepare 2,400+ Residents & Fellows for the “Business of Orthopaedics” and also “How to Navigate Job Search, Employment Contracts, and Negotiation.”
The Academic Orthopaedic Consortium (AOC) is an S-Corporation that was established by Founder & CEO, Michael R. Gagnon, MBA, in 2005 to nationally organize the administrative leadership of the Academic Orthopaedic Departments for the purpose of establishing a national clearinghouse of information specific to the business and leadership of academic orthopaedic departments. All this to better position Chairs, Faculty leaders, and their Administrative Leadership teams to understand, manage, and to optimize their business and operational positions with best practices and better context of the national academic landscape.
Michael R. Gagnon, MBA
Founder & CEO
Academic Orthopaedic Consortium