Featuring Distinguished Presenters:
KRISTY WEBER, MD
President, AAOS – 2019; Vice-Chair, Faculty Affairs, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UPenn; Chief, Orthopaedic Oncology Director, Sarcoma Program, Abramson Cancer Center; Abramson Family Professor in Sarcoma Care Excellence
KEVIN BOZIC, MD, MBA
Inaugural Chair & Professor, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care, Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin
LISA LATTANZA, MD
Chair & Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Yale University
Open Enrollment – AOC Annual Meeting For Administrative Leadership Teams
October 4 – 6, 2021 • Austin, TX • The Westin Austin Downtown
The AOC Annual Meeting will gather CAOs, Clinical Operations Managers, EMR Leads, and Orthopaedic Hospital Service Line Managers. Please come as a group to represent your department and to learn from your peers across the country’s top academics. MUST BE AN AOC MEMBER TO ATTEND.
Early Bird Discount: The AOC Registration rate is discounted to $585 (not including processing fee) and this early bird rate will be the ONLY rate this year to help attendees and their Departments.
Refunds will be granted up to September 1, 2021.
- AOC Happy Happy Hour followed by a Big Texas Dinner
- 2 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 3 Days of Meeting Space in the Hotel
- All Meeting Materials
There will be specific agenda items and breakout sessions for all administrative position types: EMR, Clinical Operations, Chief Administrative Officers, and Hospital Service Line Directors. The AOC registration is still – hands down- the best buy in the country!
Draft AGENDA & schedule:
- Define and codify the vision and principles that help create a culture of excellence
- Why alignment models work best for institutions and their faculty when it comes to partnership, strategy, execution, and funds flow
- A Rising Tide Raises all Boats: Doing Right by Diversity/Equity/Inclusion
- How our department is moving to opioid-free/opioid-sparing musculoskeletal care
- AOC Case Studies: Predictive Analytics to Optimize Faculty and Clinical Enterprises; DME; Best Practice Opioid Management Protocols
- Are professional sports contracts worth the investment?
- Optimizing the transition from inpatient to ASC
- Orthopaedic surgeon compensation plans that are embraced at their institutions
- AOC Benchmarks: Negotiated Funds Flow with your Health System/SOM
- Are you getting the most out of your critical leadership positions? A closer look at the Division Chief and Chief Administrative Officer roles. Recruiting, role establishment, accountability, goal alignment.
- What kind of leader are you? Do you know your core strengths and risk behaviors?
- The essential financial & operational reports that you need to run your department
- Why providing organizational structure matters when leading
- The importance of role clarity and understanding specific behaviors needed to drive sustainable culture change
- Attracting and retaining high caliber talent
- Developing administrative talent
- Using “Stretch” assignments to escalate departmental team effectiveness
11am – 1:30pm Check-in for registration
12pm – 2pm AOC Women’s Executive Leadership Forum (ALL female AOC members encouraged to attend)
2pm – 4pm EPIC Users Group
2pm – 4pm Executive Session for those not attending EPIC
5:30pm Meet up in Hotel Lobby to walk for AOC Happy Happy Hour and Big Texas Dinner
7:30am – 2pm Meeting in Session
7:30am – 2pm Meeting in Session
Annual Meeting Location
The Westin Austin Downtown
310 East 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701
We have reserved a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate at The Westin Austin Downtown.
What Our Attendees are Saying:
“I find this conference to be extremely valuable. I am amazed by the intelligence and talent that I am surrounded by more so than at the AAOE meetings. This is far more intimate and focused on the challenges of academic medicine. Wonderful job Mike”
“This is an amazing group of professionals that are extremely encouraging to new members to Ortho. I find the networking an incredible opportunity and very helpful.”
“It was without a doubt the most directly relevant meeting I’ve ever participated in, and I’m excited at the prospect of applying the experiences and insights shared by my peers. I will definitely be sharing many of the presentations with my department head. I’m looking forward to next year’s conference, wherever it is held, and will be strongly encouraging my hospital service line administrator to attend.”
“Great meeting, this is the most relevant meeting of the year and the topics are always spot on…”
“It’s amazing how far and fast this organization and event has come under and due to mikes leadership and energy. I am very appreciative and impressed.”
“Each year the information shared is amazing, applicable and helps me to determine directions for future projects…”
“I can’t express enough how well the meeting was planned, organized, and executed. You and team did amazing work pulling together the academic programs that shape the medical community and in my assessment provide the educational opportunity for like minds to grow in the space…”
“This was my first meeting and I am taking back a lot of ideas. Overall, everything was great!”
Ratings from Recent AOC Annual Meetings:
95.75% of attendees rated the SOCIAL ACTIVITIES an A or A-
90.38% of attendees rated the AGENDA TOPICS an A or A-
96.08% of attendees rated the SPEAKERS an A or A-
94.23% of attendees rated the VALUE (price vs. gain) an A or A-
96.15% of attendees rated the OVERALL SATISFACTION OF
THE AOC MEETING an A or A-